This article explains how to setup the stripe reader and register the reader to your stripe account.
In this article
- Click on “Developers” in the upper right hand corner of the page
- Click on “API keys” in the left hand nav
- On the right hand side of the page, click “+ Create secret key”
- In the pop up, enter “Notoriety” for the Key Name and click the Create button
- Next pop up will be to confirm your login password
- Copy and paste the Secret Key to a FriendlySky employee or into the correct BOS field
- Click on “Payments” in the top navigation on the left hand side of the page
- Click on “Readers” in the left hand navigation
- On the right hand side in the Locations module click “+ New”
- Enter the client name for the API key and fill out the address and click Save
- Install the battery and make it fully charged, use an AC adapter for DC 5V 2000mA max.
- Connect it to the wifi. It will prompt you if there’s no connection set up. Otherwise, swipe right for settings > enter the PIN code 07139 > Network.
- Select WiFi Network and enter the password, then click on the Join.
- 1The reader will receive software updates after the wifi is set.
Note: If the reader is not registered, it won’t be found by the FriendlySky software.
- Click on your location you wish to pair the device with
- Click “+ New” on the right handside of the page under Readers
- Enter the pairing code generate on the reader into the Registration code pop up and click save
- In the FriendlySky Setting -> Site Setting, under stripe setting, paste the secret key that you copied from the step 6 in retrieve secret key section above in the secret key field.
- Select the location from the location drop-down list
- Select the default reader from the drop-down list
- click on save button.
Start with the Stripe Machines:
BBPOS WisePOS™ E
BBPOS WisePOS™ E Dock
- When you set up the Stripe account and order their Stripe machines and paired them. They are named Stripe 1, Stripe 2, Stripe 3 and Stripe 4. Default was set to Stripe 1.
- Go to set up the first user and give them Stripe 4 and the second user Stripe 3.
- Users need to Log out of the friendlysky system and Log back in to take effect.